At CUMC, we believe the goal of a Christian is to become and GROW as a disciple of Jesus Christ. We believe a disciple of Jesus is one who is committed to following Jesus (head); is continually being changed by Jesus (heart); and is committed to the mission of Jesus (hands). Becoming a disciple is a lifelong process that can be compared to a journey on a path leading to a deeper relationship with God. Pathway to Discipleship info...
Adults at CUMC cover those from ages 18-99+. We come together for making friends, making a difference in our community and deepening our faith. CUMC offers childcare, infant thru 5th grade, for adults attending classes on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays. Register your children when you sign up for a class, group, or study.
You'll find friends who are genuine, a place to belong and Biblical teaching to help you know Christ more fully.
sunday school options
Our Sunday School classes are led, not taught. We know that we are fellow students on the journey of faith. Current Sunday School offerings...
The Adult Bible Study Sunday School Class
Year-Round in the Chapel
Lessons that explore "Our Love of God." Led by Vicki Morley and Gary Ankabrandt.
Now - May 20, 2019, Room 109
DVD study - Surprised by Hope: Rethinking Heaven, the Resurrection, and the Mission of the Church by N.T. Wright, followed by discussion of the book: Crucial Conversations. Led by Don & Nancy Schoeps.
Now - May 20, 2019, Room 4
DVD-based group study, "Guardrails," by Andy Stanley. Led by Ron Chipriano.
Now - June 23, 2019, Library
This group is based on a lively discussion of how the books of the Bible apply to our lives today. Looking at 3 leading characters of the Old Testament: Joseph, David and Moses. Led by Greg & Michelle Williams.
Upcoming Classes/Groups/Events for Adults
- Theology Pub - Sundays, Apr. 14 & May 12, 6-7:30pm, CUMC Annex. Sign up here.
- Theology Cafe - Sundays, beginning April 7, 5-6:30pm, Room 109. Sign up here.
- Women of Faith & Friendship, Apr. 2, 6-7:30pm, Room 109. Sign up here.
- Thursday Men's Breakfast - Thursdays, 7:30-8:30am, Fay's Country Kitchen.
- Parenting Discussion - Thursdays, Feb. 28, Mar. 28, Apr. 25, May 23, 6:45-7:30pm, Room 111
- Lenten Study: Easter Earthquake
-Sunday, Mar. 10-Apr. 14, 6-7:30pm OR Tuesdays, Mar. 12-Apr. 16, 10-11:15am.
- "Torn" Book Study - Tuesdays, April 23-May 28, 10-11:15am, Library. Sign up here by April 14.
- "Bible, Gender, Sexuality" Book Study - Sundays, April 28-June 2, 6-7:30pm, Library. Sign up here by April 21.
- LIFT Summer 1 - Thursdays, May 23, June 6, 20 & 27, 6:45-8:15am, Pastor Mira's home. Sign up here.