Homeless to Home
This SERVE program provides individuals with the basic start up household necessities to make a rental unit a home. Essential items such as bedding, kitchen and bathroom supplies, as well as cleaning supplies and other assorted items are provide as a one-time support, as an individual or family moves into housing. Many of the referrals that are received are for people who literally have nothing for starting a household.
The cost of the provided items is dependent on the number of family members and can range from $150 per individual to several hundred for a large family. Items are delivered directly to the recipients once in housing.
how can i help...
As this outreach is improved and expanded, opportunities for volunteers include:
- generating donations of specific items and/or financial donations from local businesses/other churches
- keeping the closet stocked using available funds
- packing the needed items for delivery when a request is received
- making the CUMC packet which is provided to each person/family
- delivering items with an open heart
- expanding this ministry through follow-up with a recipient by a note or short visit shortly after the items have been delivered
i want to help...
To get involved and/or request a list of needed items, please contact Art and Cindy Kunst at