CUMC Young Adults
Young adults at CUMC cover those from ages 20-40. We come together for making friends, making a difference in our community and deepening our faith. CUMC offers childcare, infant thru 5th grade, for adults attending classes on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays. Register your kids when you sign up for a class, group, or study.
You'll find friends who are genuine, a place to belong and Biblical teaching to help you know Christ more fully.
upcoming events for young adults
- LIFT: Ladies In Fellowship Together - Wednesdays, June 16-July 21, 11:30am-Noon (hangout), Noon-1pm (study), Patio (rain location: Chapel) or via Zoom. Will read together "The Red Tent," by Anita Diamant, a modern classic interpretation of the biblical story of Dinah, daughter of Jacob. Participants responsible for getting book. Co-led by Erin Burd & Pastor Mira. Childcare available. Sign up here.
- What Comes Next? Shaping the Future in an Ever-changing World: A Guide for Christian Leaders - Tuesdays, June 1-August 17, 7pm, via Zoom. Our mission as Christians was the same yesterday as it is today and will be tomorrow. The world, however, is changing faster than ever before, and keeping up feels impossible. The realities of human life - from how we develop relationships to how we use technology to have impact - therefore change rapidly too. It's critical that Christian leaders take this into consideration as they plan for their organizations' future. Led by Chuck Steel. Sign up here.
- The Enneagram: A Christian Perspective - Sundays, June 27 - August 8 (no class July 4), 11am, Room A4. The Enneagram for Beginners is more than a book, it's a personal growth journey and a guide to discovering the person God created you to be. Kim Eddy paints a clear picture of the path to begin living a God centered life that aligns with the true you. Led by Stephanie Peffer and James Baity. Sign up here.
ongoing events for young adults
- The Forge - Every other Sunday, began Jan. 24, 5:15-6:15pm, via Zoom. Sign up and more info here.
- Disciples - Invitation to Psalms - Sundays, Apr. 18-June 20, 6pm, Room A3 and via Zoom. Sign up here.
- Walking with Jesus: "The Cost of Discipleship" - Every other Saturday, April 24-Oct. 30, 6-7:30pm, via Zoom. Sign up here.
CUMC is blessed to oversee the funds of several scholarships made possible by generous members and their families. Students going into or in programs of higher education are encouraged to apply for a scholarship each year from CUMC. Each scholarship has specific requirements, more info...