At CUMC, we believe the goal of a Christian is to become and GROW as a disciple of Jesus Christ. We believe a disciple of Jesus is one who is committed to following Jesus (head); is continually being changed by Jesus (heart); and is committed to the mission of Jesus (hands). Becoming a disciple is a lifelong process that can be compared to a journey on a path leading to a deeper relationship with God. Pathway to Discipleship info...
Adults at CUMC cover those from ages 18-99+. We come together for making friends, making a difference in our community and deepening our faith. CUMC offers childcare, infant thru 5th grade, for adults attending classes on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays. Register your children when you sign up for a class, group, or study.
You'll find friends who are genuine, a place to belong and Biblical teaching to help you know Christ more fully.
sunday school options
Our Sunday School classes are led, not taught. We know that we are fellow students on the journey of faith. Current Sunday School offerings...
The Kindred Spirits class meets at 9:15am in the CUMC Chapel. It uses the Adult Bible Studies Series with weekly lesson books for class members and visitors. This series is biblically based and encompasses monthly themes and daily Bible readings. Pastor Iva O'Brien and Charles L. Reynolds alternate in leading the lesson discussions. The theme for April 2021 is New in Christ, revealing some of the ways God is being revealed to us since the Resurrection. All are welcome. Contact Pastor Iva, or Charles, for more information.
Room A2 or via Zoom
The Pathways class studies the Life of Paul (and His Missionary Journeys) series which will likely run throughout all 2021. No books or homework required. Led by Greg Williams. Sign up here.
Upcoming Classes/Groups/Events for Adults
- Thursday Men's Breakfast, Thursdays, 7:30am, breakfast at Fay's Country Kitchen, followed by discussion at the church in Room A3 at 8:45am
July 8, 15, 22, 29, August 5, 12, 19, 26, September 2 &. 9
Reading, "The Hero Code: Lessons Learned From Lives Well Lived, by Admiral William H. McRaven
In his 37 years in the military, McRaven saw both the best and worst of humanity and shares stories of the real, everyday heroes who have inspired him. Members of the group are obtaining a copy of the book on their own. Led by Rich Charette. Sign up here.
- Sunday Shorts: BibleApp Clinic, Sunday, July 25, 9:15-11:15am, The Gathering. Stop by the Gathering and Chuck Steel will help you get the Bible app installed on your iPhone or Android smartphone. Learn how to subscribe to a reading plan, share Bible verses with friends and more.
currently running classes/groups for adults
- LIFT (Ladies in Fellowship Together - Wednesdays thru July 21, 11:30am, Patio or via Zoom.Sign up here.
- The Enneagram: A Christian Perspective - Sundays thru August 8, 11am, Room A4. Sign up here.
- Spiritual Growth Class: Brace for Impact: Prayer Journaling During Trying Times - More info here.
- Walking with Jesus: The Cost of Discipleship - Every other Saturday, Apr. 24-Oct. 30, 6-7:30pm, via Zoom. Sign up here.