At CUMC, we believe the goal of a Christian is to become and GROW as a disciple of Jesus Christ. We believe a disciple of Jesus is one who is committed to following Jesus (head); is continually being changed by Jesus (heart); and is committed to the mission of Jesus (hands). Becoming a disciple is a lifelong process that can be compared to a journey on a path leading to a deeper relationship with God. Pathway to Discipleship info...
Adults at CUMC cover those from ages 18-99+. We come together for making friends, making a difference in our community and deepening our faith. CUMC offers childcare, infant thru 5th grade, for adults attending classes on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays. Register your children when you sign up for a class, group, or study.
You'll find friends who are genuine, a place to belong and Biblical teaching to help you know Christ more fully.
sunday school options
Our Sunday School classes are led, not taught. We know that we are fellow students on the journey of faith. Current Sunday School offerings...
DUE TO THE COVID-19 CRISIS, MOST CLASSES ARE CURRENTLY MEETING ONLINE. CHILDCARE IS NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME.
Bible Study: Promise
This study presents stimulating lessons that explore the biblical message and how it apply it to daily life. Adults move from a focus on the Word to reflection on personal, family, church and community concerns. The theme for this winter is Promise: the expectation that, regardless of what is happening in the present, God has good future for us. Led by Heidi Heberlig & Iva O'Brien.
Jan. 5 - May 24, Room 109
When it comes to difficult issues, Philip Yancey isn't afraid to ask hard questions - and he doesn't give easy answers. Join him on a soul-searching pilgrimage into the meaning of grace. Join the New Beginnings Class as they discuss these biblical insights with a liberating look at the driving force of our faith. Led by Don & Nancy Schoeps. Sign up here to get connected.
Jan. 5 - May 24, Room 4
This dynamic group explores a variety of DVD-based discussion series'. Probe some of the challenging questions and aspects of our faith with encouraging and supportive friends. Led by Ron Chipriano.
Journey Young Adult Class
Jan. 12 - May 24, Room 3
Sunday School class for young adults (ages 20s-40s) which will delve into reading, examining and discussing the Bible. Look at the Biblical passages from a historical perspective as well as what it means to our personal lives.
Jan. 5 - June 21, Library
Pathways Sunday School class is based on a lively discussion of how the books of the Bible apply to our lives today. Led by Greg and Michelle Williams. Sign up here to get connected.
Upcoming Classes/Groups/Events for Adults
- Thursday Men's Breakfast - Thursdays, 7:30-8:30am, Fay's Country Kitchen.
- Mindful Women - 2nd Monday of the month. Contact Sue Baxter, for more info.
- Parenting Discussion - Apr. 23 & May 28, 2020, 6:45-7:30pm, Room 111. (Not meeting at this time)
- The Forge - Every other Sunday, Jan. 5-May 10, 5-7pm. Sign up here.
- LIFT - Every other Thursday, Jan. 9-Apr. 30, 7-8:30pm. Sign up here.
- Transitions - Every other Sunday, Jan. 12-May 17, 6-7:30pm. Sign up here to get connected.
- Theology Cafe - Sundays, Jan. 12-May 10, 4:45-6:30pm. Sign up here to get connected.
- Women of the Word (WOW) - Every other Thursday, Jan. 16-May 7, 1-2:30pm. Sign up here to get connected.
- Covenant Bible Study - Tuesdays, Apr. 14-June 2, 10:30-11:45am, Library.