At CUMC, we believe the goal of a Christian is to become and GROW as a disciple of Jesus Christ. We believe a disciple of Jesus is one who is committed to following Jesus (head); is continually being changed by Jesus (heart); and is committed to the mission of Jesus (hands). Becoming a disciple is a lifelong process that can be compared to a journey on a path leading to a deeper relationship with God. Pathway to Discipleship info...
Adults at CUMC cover those from ages 18-99+. We come together for making friends, making a difference in our community and deepening our faith. CUMC offers childcare, infant thru 5th grade, for adults attending classes on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays. Register your children when you sign up for a class, group, or study.
You'll find friends who are genuine, a place to belong and Biblical teaching to help you know Christ more fully.
sunday school options
Our Sunday School classes are led, not taught. We know that we are fellow students on the journey of faith. Current Sunday School offerings...
The Adult Bible Study Sunday School Class
Bible Study: Promise
This study presents stimulating lessons that explore the biblical message and how it apply it to daily life. Adults move from a focus on the Word to reflection on personal, family, church and community concerns. The theme for this winter is Promise: the expectation that, regardless of what is happening in the present, God has good future for us. Led by Saundra McClintock & Iva O'Brien.
Sept. 8-Dec. 22, Room 109
This class will be finishing Chapters 6 & 7 of "The God We Can Know: Exploring the "I Am" Sayings of Jesus." For the remainder of the fall season, New Beginnings will use, "Making Sense of the Bible," by Adam Hamilton. Led by Nancy Schoeps.
Jan. 5 - May 24, Room 109
When it comes to difficult issues, Philip Yancey isn't afraid to ask hard questions - and he doesn't give easy answers. Join him on a soul-searching pilgrimage into the meaning of grace. Join the New Beginnings Class as they discuss these biblical insights with a liberating look at the driving force of our faith. Led by Don & Nancy Schoeps.
Sept. 8 - Dec. 22, Room 4
Lots of people think Christianity is all about doing what Jesus says. Jesus' invitation is an invitation to relationship, and it begins with the simplest request: follow me. This class will use Andy Stanley's DVD and book, "Follow." Led by Ron Chipriano.
Jan. 5 - May 24, Room 4
The class will use the DVD-based discussion series Prayer by author, Philip Yancey. This DVD based discussion probes the very heartbeat - the most fundamental, challenging, perplexing, and deeply rewarding aspect of our relationship with God: prayer. This is an exploration of the mysterious intersection where God and humans meet and relate. Led by Ron Chipriano.
Young Adult Class
Jan. 12 - May 24, Room 3
Sunday School class for young adults (ages 20s-40s) which will delve into reading, examining and discussing the Bible. Look at the Biblical passages from a historical perspective as well as what it means to our personal lives.
September 8 - December 22, Library
Will continue the study of life of Moses: in the desert and into the Promised Land. The group is based on a lively discussion of how the books of the Bible apply to our lives today.
Jan. 5 - June 21, Library
Pathways Sunday School class will continue the study of the life of Moses: in the desert and into the Promised Lane. The group is based on a lively discussion of how the books of the Bible apply to our lives today.
Upcoming Classes/Groups/Events for Adults
- Thursday Men's Breakfast - Thursdays, 7:30-8:30am, Fay's Country Kitchen.
- Mindful Women - 2nd Monday of the month. Contact Sue Baxter, for more info.
- Theology Cafe - Sundays, Now-Dec. 15, 4:45-6:30pm, Room 109.
- Women of the Word (WoW) - Every other Thursday, Sept. 12-Dec. 5, 1-2:30pm, Library.
- Women of Faith & Friendship - Tuesday, Dec. 10, 6-7:30pm, Cindy Kunst home. Sign up here.
- The Forge - For men 20s-40s. Every other Sunday, Sept. 15-Dec. 8, 5-6:30pm, Library. Childcare available.
- Parenting Discussion - Jan. 23, Feb. 27, Mar. 26, Apr. 23 & May 28, 2020, 6:45-7:30pm, Room 111. Sign up here.
- Advent Study - Sundays, Dec. 1-22, 6-7:30pm, CUMC Library. Childcare available. Sign up here.
- The Forge - Every other Sunday, Jan. 5-May 10, 5-7pm, Room 111. Childcare available. Sign up here.
- LIFT - Every other Thursday, Jan. 9-Apr. 30, 7-8:30pm, Pastor Mira's home. Childcare available. Sign up here.
- Transitions - Every other Sunday, Jan. 12-May 17, 6-7:30pm, Library. Childcare available. Sign up here.
- Theology Cafe - Sundays, Jan. 12-May 10, 4:45-6:30pm, Room 109. Childcare not available.
- Dialogues on Race Book Study - Sundays, Jan. 12-Feb. 16, 9:45-10:45am; Tuesdays, Jan. 14-Feb. 18, 6:30-7:30pm OR Wednesdays, Jan. 15-Feb. 19, Room 109. (Childcare available Sunday & Tuesday). Sign up here.
- Women of the Word (WOW) - Every other Thursday, Jan. 16-May 7, 1-2:30pm, Library. Childcare not available. Sign up here.
- Explore CUMC - Sundays, Feb. 2-Mar. 15, 12:30-1:30pm, Library. Childcare available. Email Kathy Charette, to sign up.
- Lenten Study - Thursdays, Feb. 27-Apr. 9, 10-11am, Room 109. Childcare not available. Sign up here.
- Covenant Bible Study - Tuesdays, Apr. 14-June 2, 10:30-11:45am, Library. Childcare not available. Sign up here.