At CUMC, we believe the goal of a Christian is to become and GROW as a disciple of Jesus Christ. We believe a disciple of Jesus is one who is committed to following Jesus (head); is continually being changed by Jesus (heart); and is committed to the mission of Jesus (hands). Becoming a disciple is a lifelong process that can be compared to a journey on a path leading to a deeper relationship with God. Pathway to Discipleship info...
Adults at CUMC cover those from ages 18-99+. We come together for making friends, making a difference in our community and deepening our faith. CUMC offers childcare, infant thru 5th grade, for adults attending classes on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays. Register your children when you sign up for a class, group, or study.
You'll find friends who are genuine, a place to belong and Biblical teaching to help you know Christ more fully.
sunday school options
Our Sunday School classes are led, not taught. We know that we are fellow students on the journey of faith. Current Sunday School offerings...
The Adult Bible Study Sunday School Class
Year-Round in the Chapel
Bible study based on the theme, "Discipleship and Mission." Led by Gary & Bonnie Ankabrandt and Vicki Morley.
If You Want to Walk on Water, You've Got to Get Out of the Boat
June 23-July 28, Room 4
DVD based study. Deep within us lies the same faith and longing that sent Peter walking across the wind-swept Sea of Galilee toward Jesus. John Ortberg invites us to consider the incredible potential that awaits us outside our comfort zone. Jesus is waiting to meet us in ways that will change us forever, deepening our character and our trust in God.
I Can Only Imagine
June 2, 9 & 16, Room 4
Revealing the true story behind MercyMe's smash hit song, "I Can Only Imagine" details lead singer Bart Millard's abusive upbringing and path to reconciliation and forgiveness. This is a touching story of hope and redemption. Rated PG. 2018 Dove Award Winner: Inspirational Film of the Year.
Paul: Apostle of Christ
August 4, 11, & 18, Room 4
Once an infamous persecutor of the early Christians, Paul became Jesus' most influential apostle. Awaiting execution in a Roman prison, he reflects on his life with his friend and physician, Luke - who resolves to write a book detailing the birth of "The Way." Their faith challenges an empire. Will their words change the world? Rated PG-13. Dove approved (12+).
April 28-August 25, 2019, Library
This group is based on a lively discussion of how the books of the Bible apply to our lives today. Looking at, "A Man of Selfless Dedication - Moses," by Charles R. Swindoll. No need to purchase the book. Each week will be stand alone so just come in when you can during the summer. Led by Greg & Michelle Williams.
Upcoming Classes/Groups/Events for Adults
- Thursday Men's Breakfast - Thursdays, 7:30-8:30am, Fay's Country Kitchen.
- LIFT Summer 1 - Thursdays, May 23, June 6, 20 & 27, 6:45-8:15pm, Pastor Mira's home. Sign up here.
- 7 Men & 7 Women: And Their Secret to Greatness - Tuesdays, June 18, 25; July 2, 9, 16, 6:30-7:30pm, Library. Book costs $9. Sign up here.
- When Christians Get it Wrong - Tuesdays, 11am-Noon, Library. Book costs $11.50. Sign up here.
- Summer Young Adult Gatherings - Sunday, July 21, 4-7pm, Butler house; Sunday, August 11, 4-7pm, pool party at the Wardle house. Sign up here.
- VBS for Adults - Tuesday, Aug. 6 - Thursday, Aug. 8, 6-7:30pm, Room 3 (Thursday in Room 4). Sign up here.
- Parenting Discussion - Thursdays, Sept. 26, Oct. 24 & Nov. 21, 6:45-7:30pm, Room 111
- Women of the Word (WOW) - Thursdays, May 2, 9 & 16 and resumes Sept. 12, 1-2:30pm, Library. Studying, "The Three Mary's." Sign up here.