At CUMC, we believe the goal of a Christian is to become and GROW as a disciple of Jesus Christ. We believe a disciple of Jesus is one who is committed to following Jesus (head); is continually being changed by Jesus (heart); and is committed to the mission of Jesus (hands). Becoming a disciple is a lifelong process that can be compared to a journey on a path leading to a deeper relationship with God. Pathway to Discipleship info...
Adults at CUMC cover those from ages 18-99+. We come together for making friends, making a difference in our community and deepening our faith. CUMC offers childcare, infant thru 5th grade, for adults attending classes on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays. Register your children when you sign up for a class, group, or study.
You'll find friends who are genuine, a place to belong and Biblical teaching to help you know Christ more fully.
sunday school options
Our Sunday School classes are led, not taught. We know that we are fellow students on the journey of faith. Current Sunday School offerings...
The Adult Bible Study Sunday School Class
This study presents stimulating lessons that explore the biblical message and how to apply it to daily life. Adults move from a focus on the Word to reflection on personal, family, church and community concerns. Led by Saundra McClintock.
Sept. 8-Dec. 22, Room 109
This class will be finishing Chapters 6 & 7 of "The God We Can Know: Exploring the "I Am" Sayings of Jesus." For the remainder of the fall season, New Beginnings will use, "Making Sense of the Bible," by Adam Hamilton. Led by Nancy Schoeps.
Sept. 8 - Dec. 22, Room 4
Lots of people think Christianity is all about doing what Jesus says. Jesus' invitation is an invitation to relationship, and it begins with the simplest request: follow me. This class will use Andy Stanley's DVD and book, "Follow." Led by Ron Chipriano.
September 8 - December 22, Library
Will continue the study of life of Moses: in the desert and into the Promised Land. The group is based on a lively discussion of how the books of the Bible apply to our lives today.
Upcoming Classes/Groups/Events for Adults
- Thursday Men's Breakfast - Thursdays, 7:30-8:30am, Fay's Country Kitchen.
- Mindful Women - 2nd Monday of the month. Contact Sue Baxter, for more info.
- Theology Cafe - Sundays, Sept. 8-Dec. 15, 4:45-6:30pm, Room 109.
- Transitions - Every other Sunday, Sept. 8-Nov. 17, 6-7:30pm, Library. Childcare available.
- LIFT Fall 2019 - Intro Meeting: Thursday, Sept. 12, 6:30-7:30pm, Room 109. Classes every other Thursday, Sept. 26-Dec. 5. For women 20s-40s. Book costs $13. Sign up here.
- Women of the Word (WoW) - Every other Thursday, Sept. 12-Dec. 5, 1-2:30pm, Library. Book costs $8.
- Young Adult Bible Study - Sundays, Sept. 15, Oct. 20, Nov. 17 & Dec. 15, 11am-Noon, Room 109. Childcare available. Sign up here.
- Women of Faith & Friendship - Tuesday, Sept. 17; Thursday, Oct. 17; Thursday, Nov. 14 & Tuesday, Dec. 10, 6-7:30pm, Cindy Kunst home. Sign up here.
- The Forge - For men 20s-40s. Every other Sunday, Sept. 15-Dec. 8, 5-6:30pm, Library. Childcare available. Sign up here.
- Corinthians - Wednesdays, Sept. 25-Nov. 6, 6:30-8pm, Library. Book costs $10. Sign up here.
- Parenting Discussion - Thursdays, Sept. 26, Oct. 24 & Nov. 21, 6:45-7:30pm, Room 111. Sign up here.
- Explore CUMC - Sundays, Oct. 6-Nov. 10, 12:30-1:30pm, Library. Sign up here.