LIFT (Ladies in fellowship together)
Every other Thursday, Jan. 9-Apr. 30, 7-8:30pm
For women 20s-40s. The Common Rule: Habits of Purpose for an Age of Distraction by Justin Whitmel Earley. The modern world is machine of a thousand invisible habits, forming us into anxious, busy, and depressed people. We yearn for the freedom and peace of the gospel, but remain addicted to our technology, shackled by our screens, and exhausted by our routines. The Common Rule offers four daily and four weekly habits, designed to help us create new routines and transform frazzled days into lives of of love for God and neighbor. Leaders: Emily Nesbit, Kristen Sprenkle and Pastor Mira.
Contact Sue Baxter, for more info.
Women of the word (wow)
Every other Thursday, January 16 - May 7, 1-2:30pm. Join us for the study of some of the women who are/were the first women bishops in the United Methodist Church. Based on the book Women Bishops of the United Methodist Church. Class led by Jacquie Bunt & Christina Benson. Book costs $15. Sign up here to get connected.
women of faith & friendship
Check back here often for more information.
united methodist women
UMW is a community of women. Our purpose is to know God and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ; to develop a creative, supportive fellowship; and to expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the church.
Our vision: Turning faith, hope and love into action on behalf of women, children and youth around the world.
- April 18 - Spiritual Enrichment Day - Lykens UMC
- April 25 - Spring Luncheon & Speaker. Guest speaker from PEACE PROMISE/CHANGE PURSE will address the topic of Human Trafficking. New & used ladies purses will be available for sale, with proceeds to benefit the organizations efforts. All are welcome.
- April 28 - Spiritual Enrichment Day - Hershey UMC
- July 17-18- MissionU (2 day school), Lewisburg, PA
- July 25 - MissionU Express, Chambers Hill UMC
- October 3 - Harrisburg District Annual Day (location to be determined
- October 31 - Conference Annual Day, Fishing Creek Salem UMC, Goldsboro
*Watch for complete details in your mailboxes or on the UMW kiosk.
For more information, contact Sandi Price, UMW President.
knitting ministry groups
Groups knit and crochet prayer shawls, lap robes, and other items to be given to individuals who are ill or dealing with a difficult time. Anyone who enjoys knitting or crocheting is welcome to join, contact Lois Weibley.
If you enjoy cooking or have a gift for food hospitality, there are numerous areas where your skills can be utilized. Contact Jody Monoski, Coordinator of Hospitality and Special Events.