ladies in fellowship together (lift)
Every other Tuesday, Jan. 22 - Apr. 16, 6:45-8:15pm, Room 3. Women 20s-40s join for conversation, snacks and prayer. This winter we will be discussing, "Everybody Always," by Bob Goff. Book costs $12 (money collected at the first session). Bob Goff takes readers on a journey into the secret of living without fear, constraint, or worry. Led by Jenny Brewer, Emily Clepper and Kayla Iannuzzi.
Thursdays, May 23, June 6, 20 & 27, 6:45-8:15pm, Pastor Mira's home. Women 20s-40s will read together, "Torn: Rescuing the Gospel from the Gay vs. Christian Debate," by Jamie Lee. This is 1 of the 4 recommended CUMC summer reads. Lee shares his personal story growing up as an evangelical Christian, understanding he is gay, and wrestling with what they both mean as he becomes an adult. Book costs $10. Led by Erin Burd and Pastor Mira. Childcare provided at CUMC. Sign up here.
women of faith & friendship
Apr. 2, 6-7:30pm, Room 109
Join Michelle Williams and Sherry Monoski for the first Tuesday of the month in Room 109 for dinner and wonderful conversation. Sign up here.
May 11, 5-7pm, MPR
A dinner with guest speaker and recording artist, Christabelle Braden. Come have dinner with friends at CUMC and women of the community while listening to the inspirational life story of a young woman defying odds and living a full and blessed life after suffering a traumatic brain injury. Childcare provided at the church. Tickets on sale each Sunday in the MPR and the Gathering between services OR contact Sherry Monoski, or Michelle Williams, . Sign up here.
women of the word
Every other Thursday, Jan. 17-May 9, 1-2:30pm in the Library. Studying "Crucial Conversations," by Kerry Patterson and "Women of the Old Testament," by Gladys Hunt. Led by Christina Benson and Jacquie Bunt.
united methodist women
UMW is a community of women. Our purpose is to know God and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ; to develop a creative, supportive fellowship; and to expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the church.
Our vision: Turning faith, hope and love into action on behalf of women, children and youth around the world.
- April 1 thru 30 - UMW will be collecting Eyeglasses (no reading glasses please) through the end of April to be donated to the Carlisle Lions Club. Please put donations in the bin in the Gathering.
- Eunice Circle will meet April 18, 10m, Room 109. Jose Dominquez, owner of Fyzical Therapy in Mechanicsburg will speak to us on "Balance and Prevention of Falls." Following the meeting we will enjoy lunch at a local restaurant. If transportation is needed, please contact
- April 27 - UMW Spiritual Enrichment Day. 10:00am, CUMC Gathering. Featured Speaker: Flo Waybright, past President of Susquehanna Conference. Light refreshments will be served.RSVP to Sandi Price, .
- May 23 - Salad Smorgasbord. We will provide more info soon. As always, we are looking for volunteers to donate salads and help the day of the event. Tickets are $10/adults; $2 for children under 12.
- June1-30 - June Book Collection. UMW will be collecting new and used children's books for ages 2-12 to donate to area daycares, preschools, and non-profit groups serving children. A collection point will be in the Gathering.
- July 11-13 - Mission U at Bucknell University. Details will be provided soon.
- July 27 - Express Day at Chambers Hill UMC. Details will be provided soon.
- Oct 11 & 12 - Annual Indoor Yard Sale. Friday, October 11, 8am-2pm & Saturday, October 12, 8am-1pm in the MPR. Keep watch regarding donation drop-offs, and as always we will need volunteers as we begin sorting and pricing items each day throughout the week. We will also need soups and baked goods. Watch for sign-up sheets in the Gathering.
For more information, contact Sandi Price, UMW President.
knitting ministry groups
Groups knit and crochet prayer shawls, lap robes, and other items to be given to individuals who are ill or dealing with a difficult time. Anyone who enjoys knitting or crocheting is welcome to join, contact Lois Weibley.
If you enjoy cooking or have a gift for food hospitality, there are numerous areas where your skills can be utilized. Contact Jody Monoski, Coordinator of Hospitality and Special Events.